1. What is #makeheritagefun?
#makeheritagefun is a global campaign to enable YOU to interpret and engage with heritage. We are the true owners of heritage – not governments or NGOs or heritage organizations or academicians. The other goal of a “Make Heritage Fun!” event is to draw attention to heritage by creating both online buzz and offline conversations. The events are intended to bring together people interested in heritage and start these conversations.
2. How does it work?
At its simplest, a #makeheritagefun event has three steps –
- Participants EXPLORE local heritage,
- DOCUMENT it by taking photos and videos, and
- SHARE them on social media using the #makeheritagefun hashtag.
#makeheritagefun events are held simultaneously all around the world – typically on a Sunday. Participants can do this solo, with friends and family, or in large groups.
3. Who conceptualised #makeheritagefun?
This is yet another initiative of GoUNESCO – the global umbrella of initiatives focused on making heritage fun! We are based in Bangalore, a city in the South of India. Apart from #makeheritagefun, we run student internships and plan fun runs.
4. When is the next #makeheritagefun event?
5. What does it cost to attend a #makeheritagefun event?
Most #makeheritagefun events are free! However, organizers may charge a nominal fee in order to cover the costs they incur.
6. Who do I contact to find out about a #makeheritagefun event in my city?
Visit the Make Heritage Fun! Facebook events page. If there is no event setup for your city, consider coordinating an event yourself. It’s easy, fun and you will make some new friends in the process! Alternately, explore a heritage site on your own on the day of the event – and take friends and family along.
7. I have a question that hasn’t been answered above.
Email us and we will get back to you.
8. I hear you have cool merchandise on sale.
Yes – Visit our store here to view the official #makeheritagefun T-shirt. We ship all around the world!