Tárraco (modern-day Tarragona) was a major administrative and mercantile city in Roman Spain and the centre of the Imperial cult for all the Iberian provinces. It was endowed with many fine buildings, and parts of these have been revealed in a series of exceptional excavations. Although most of the remains are fragmentary, many preserved beneath more recent buildings, they present a vivid picture of the grandeur of this Roman provincial capital.
Why should your travel to Tárraco?
- The Roman remains of Tárraco are of exceptional importance in the development of Roman urban planning and design and served as the model for provincial capitals elsewhere in the Roman world.
- Tárraco provides eloquent and unparalleled testimony to a significant stage in the history of the Mediterranean lands in antiquity.
Year of Inscription: 2000
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Archaeological Ensemble of Tárraco! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Archaeological Ensemble of Tárraco.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/archaeological-ensemble-of-tarraco/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/30062029/tarraco.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/30062029/tarraco-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Archaeological Ensemble of Tárraco
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Photos and Proofs from Archaeological Ensemble of Tárraco View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Archaeological Ensemble of Tárraco View all
Recommendations for Archaeological Ensemble of Tárraco
Trivia from Archaeological Ensemble of Tárraco
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Archaeological Ensemble of Tárraco?
Events at or near Archaeological Ensemble of Tárraco
Know any events coming up at Archaeological Ensemble of Tárraco?List an event