Canaima National Park is spread over 3 million ha in south-eastern Venezuela along the border between Guyana and Brazil. Roughly 65% of the park is covered by table mountain (tepui) formations. The tepuis constitute a unique biogeological entity and are of great geological interest. The sheer cliffs and waterfalls, including the world’s highest (1,000 m), form a spectacular landscape.
- American pilot Jimmy Angel pushed his limits to find gold but instead discovered a glorious waterfall…the Angel Falls named after this gold digger.
- Make sure you have received your vaccinations for yellow fever and have a record of it. If you can’t prove it then you shall get the shots at Ciudad Bolivar.
- It is the sixth biggest national park in the world, almost the size of Belgium or Maryland!
Year of Inscription: 1994
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Canaima National Park! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Canaima National Park.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/canaima-national-park/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115337/487265164_e27bdb759c_b-1024x768.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115337/487265164_e27bdb759c_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Canaima National Park
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Canaima National Park? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Canaima National Park
No photos here yet. Have you been to Canaima National Park?share your photos
Travelers Who Have Visited Canaima National Park
Have you been to Canaima National Park? Share travel photos
Recommendations for Canaima National Park
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Canaima National Park? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Canaima National Park
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Canaima National Park?
Events at or near Canaima National Park
Know any events coming up at Canaima National Park?List an event