The Centennial Hall, a landmark in the history of reinforced concrete architecture, was erected in 1911-1913 by the architect Max Berg as a multi-purpose recreational building, situated in the Exhibition Grounds. In form it is a symmetrical quatrefoil with a vast circular central space that can seat some 6,000 persons. The 23m-high dome is topped with a lantern in steel and glass. The Centennial Hall is a pioneering work of modern engineering and architecture, which exhibits an important interchange of influences in the early 20th century, becoming a key reference in the later development of reinforced concrete structures.
Why should you travel to Wroclaw?
- The Centennial Hall of Wroclaw is a creative and innovative example in the development of construction technology in large reinforced concrete structures. The Centennial Hall occupies a key position in the evolution of methods of reinforcement in architecture, and one of the climax points in the history of the use of metal in structural consolidation.
- The Centennial Hall is a pioneering work of modern engineering and architecture, which exhibits an important interchange of influences in the early 20th century, becoming a key reference in the later development of reinforced concrete structures.
- As part of the exhibition grounds of Wroc? aw, the Centennial Hall is an outstanding example of modern recreational architecture that served a variety of purposes, ranging from conferences and exhibitions to concerts, theatre and opera.
Year of Inscription: 2006
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Centennial Hall in Wrocław! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Centennial Hall in Wrocław.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/centennial-hall-in-wrocaw/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/09205006/centennial-hall-wroclaw.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/09205006/centennial-hall-wroclaw-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Centennial Hall in Wrocław
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Photos and Proofs from Centennial Hall in Wrocław View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Centennial Hall in Wrocław View all
Recommendations for Centennial Hall in Wrocław
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Centennial Hall in Wrocław? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Centennial Hall in Wrocław
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Centennial Hall in Wrocław?
Events at or near Centennial Hall in Wrocław
Know any events coming up at Centennial Hall in Wrocław?List an event