With its earthen constructions unique to the Caribbean, Coro is the only surviving example of a rich fusion of local traditions with Spanish Mudéjar and Dutch architectural techniques. One of the first colonial towns (founded in 1527), it has some 602 historic buildings.
- Coro was the first German colony in the Americas under the Welsers, it is also considered to be the cradle of the Venezuelan federalist movement in the Republican era.
- The best preserved civilian buildings in the city are from the late 18th and early 19th century.
- The city features architecture typical of the Andalusian region (southern Spain), with some Dutch influence and using materials and techniques used by Native Americans.
Year of Inscription: 1993
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Coro and its Port! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Coro and its Port.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/coro-and-its-port/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115337/2255764576_5c6dff83f1_b-768x1024.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115337/2255764576_5c6dff83f1_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Coro and its Port
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Coro and its Port? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Coro and its Port
No photos here yet. Have you been to Coro and its Port?share your photos
Travelers Who Have Visited Coro and its Port
Have you been to Coro and its Port? Share travel photos
Recommendations for Coro and its Port
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Coro and its Port? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Coro and its Port
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Coro and its Port?
Events at or near Coro and its Port
Know any events coming up at Coro and its Port?List an event