This site, comprising several protected areas, is situated predominantly along the Great Escarpment on Australia’s east coast. The outstanding geological features displayed around shield volcanic craters and the high number of rare and threatened rainforest species are of international significance for science and conservation.
- Millions of years ago when this huge area was connected with other continents (including India, Antarctica and South America), Australia was covered with rainforest that made up the supercontinent called Gondwana.
- The Gondwana Rainforests of Australia are made up of more than 40 separate rainforest reserves in north-east New South Wales and south-east Queensland.
- This site is an outstanding example of the major stages of the earth’s evolutionary history and the ongoing geological processes and biological evolution.
Year of Inscription: 1986
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Gondwana Rainforests of Australia! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Gondwana Rainforests of Australia.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/gondwana-rainforests-of-australia/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115132/6939588348_897cdc0856_b-1024x768.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115132/6939588348_897cdc0856_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Gondwana Rainforests of Australia
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Photos and Proofs from Gondwana Rainforests of Australia View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Gondwana Rainforests of Australia View all
Recommendations for Gondwana Rainforests of Australia
Trivia from Gondwana Rainforests of Australia
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Gondwana Rainforests of Australia?
Events at or near Gondwana Rainforests of Australia
Know any events coming up at Gondwana Rainforests of Australia?List an event