The historic centre of Shakhrisyabz contains a collection of exceptional monuments and ancient quarters which bear witness to the city’s secular development, and particularly to the period of its apogee, under the rule of Amir Temur and the Temurids, in the 15th-16th century.
Why you should visit
- Shakhrisyabz contains many fine monuments, and in particular those from the Timurid period, which was of great cultural and political significance in medieval Central Asia.
- The buildings of Shakhrisyabz, notably the Ak-Sarai Palace and the Tomb of Timur, are outstanding examples of a style which had a profound influence on the architecture of this region.
Year of Inscription: 2000
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/historic-centre-of-shakhrisyabz/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115337/6484799887_e91a5e11a6_b-1024x692.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115337/6484799887_e91a5e11a6_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz
No photos here yet. Have you been to Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz?share your photos
Travelers Who Have Visited Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz
Have you been to Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz? Share travel photos
Recommendations for Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz?
Events at or near Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz
Know any events coming up at Historic Centre of Shakhrisyabz?List an event