Paramaribo is a former Dutch colonial town from the 17th and 18th centuries planted on the northern coast of tropical South America. The original and highly characteristic street plan of the historic centre remains intact. Its buildings illustrate the gradual fusion of Dutch architectural influence with traditional local techniques and materials.
Why should you visit?
- Paramaribo is an exceptional example of the gradual fusion of European architecture and construction techniques with indigenous South America materials and crafts to create a new architectural idiom.
- Paramaribo is a unique example of the contact between the European culture of the Netherlands and the indigenous cultures and environment of South America in the years of intensive colonization of this region in the 16th and 17th centuries.
Year of Inscription: 2002
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Historic Inner City of Paramaribo! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Historic Inner City of Paramaribo.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/historic-inner-city-of-paramaribo/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115317/2346300454_964fdc75e1_b-1024x768.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115317/2346300454_964fdc75e1_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Historic Inner City of Paramaribo
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Historic Inner City of Paramaribo? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Historic Inner City of Paramaribo
No photos here yet. Have you been to Historic Inner City of Paramaribo?share your photos
Travelers Who Have Visited Historic Inner City of Paramaribo
Have you been to Historic Inner City of Paramaribo? Share travel photos
Recommendations for Historic Inner City of Paramaribo
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Historic Inner City of Paramaribo? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Historic Inner City of Paramaribo
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Historic Inner City of Paramaribo?
Events at or near Historic Inner City of Paramaribo
Know any events coming up at Historic Inner City of Paramaribo?List an event