Established in the 16th century, Vigan is the best-preserved example of a planned Spanish colonial town in Asia. Its architecture reflects the coming together of cultural elements from elsewhere in the Philippines, from China and from Europe, resulting in a culture and townscape that have no parallel anywhere in East and South-East Asia.
Criterion (ii): Vigan represents a unique fusion of Asian building design and construction with European colonial architecture and planning. Criterion (iv): Vigan is an exceptionally intact and well preserved example of a European trading town in East and South-East Asia.
Year of Inscription: 1999
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Historic Town of Vigan! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Historic Town of Vigan.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/historic-town-of-vigan/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/22191916/VIGAN-1.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/22191916/VIGAN-1-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Historic Town of Vigan
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Photos and Proofs from Historic Town of Vigan View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Historic Town of Vigan View all
Recommendations for Historic Town of Vigan
- Try the local version of the empanada! - Igal Jada San Andres
- Strolling down during the night - Berniemack Arellano
- old houses - Stephen Labit
- Seeing the houses from the outside is cool. What's better? Seeing them from the inside. Check the SyQuia Mansion - Bernard Joseph Esposo Guerrero
- Empanada of Ilocos - Carlos Ortiz
Trivia from Historic Town of Vigan
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Historic Town of Vigan?
Events at or near Historic Town of Vigan
Know any events coming up at Historic Town of Vigan?List an event