Khami, which developed after the capital of Great Zimbabwe had been abandoned in the mid-16th century, is of great archaeological interest. The discovery of objects from Europe and China shows that Khami was a major centre for trade over a long period of time.
- It is an ancient architectural masterpiece in which millions of stones are balanced perfectly on top of one another without the aid of mortar.
- The Great Enclosure is quite extraordinary with walls as high as 36 feet extending approximately 820 feet.
- There are 3 main areas that are of interest, the Hill Complex (which also offers wonderful views), the Great Enclosure and the museum. The museum holds many of the artifacts found among the ruins including pottery from China. It takes almost an entire day to get around the ruins.
Year of Inscription: 1986
Travel Info for Khami Ruins National Monument
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Khami Ruins National Monument? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Khami Ruins National Monument View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Khami Ruins National Monument View all
Recommendations for Khami Ruins National Monument
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Khami Ruins National Monument? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Khami Ruins National Monument
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Khami Ruins National Monument?
Events at or near Khami Ruins National Monument
Know any events coming up at Khami Ruins National Monument?List an event