The Los Glaciares National Park is an area of exceptional natural beauty, with rugged, towering mountains and numerous glacial lakes, including Lake Argentino, which is 160 km long. At its farthest end, three glaciers meet to dump their effluvia into the milky grey glacial water, launching massive igloo icebergs into the lake with thunderous splashes.
- Los Glaciares national park, created in 1937, is the second largest in Argentina.
- Its name refers to the giant ice cap in the Andes range that feeds 47 large glaciers, of which only 13 flow towards the Atlantic Ocean.
- Mount Fitzroy (11,073 feet [3,375 m]) is the highest point in the park.
Year of Inscription: 1981
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Los Glaciares National Park! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Los Glaciares National Park.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/los-glaciares-national-park/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115130/5540257155_a527bed40b_b-1024x768.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115130/5540257155_a527bed40b_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Los Glaciares National Park
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Los Glaciares National Park? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Los Glaciares National Park
No photos here yet. Have you been to Los Glaciares National Park?share your photos
Travelers Who Have Visited Los Glaciares National Park
Have you been to Los Glaciares National Park? Share travel photos
Recommendations for Los Glaciares National Park
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Los Glaciares National Park? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Los Glaciares National Park
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Los Glaciares National Park?
Events at or near Los Glaciares National Park
Know any events coming up at Los Glaciares National Park?List an event