Spread over an area of over 27,000 ha, at an altitude between 1008 and 2914 m in the
It was added to the World Heritage List in 1983. The extension now covers an area of around 40,000 ha in the Pirin Mountains, and overlaps with the Pirin National Park, except for two areas developed for tourism (skiing). The dominant part of the extension is high mountain territory over 2000m in altitude, and covered mostly by alpine meadows, rocky screes and summits.
- Pirin Mountains is quite unique compared to the other ranges due to the fact that 45 of its peaks have an altitude of 2600 meters above sea level.
- More than 70 glacial lakes exist in the park which echo the last ice age.
- One famous tree here, the Baykuchevata Macedonian pine, is approximately 1,350 years old.
Year of Inscription: 1983
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Pirin National Park! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Pirin National Park.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/pirin-national-park/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115142/7047966207_cfa2ab9dc1_b.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115142/7047966207_cfa2ab9dc1_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Pirin National Park
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Sorry, we don't have curated information here yet.
Have you been to Pirin National Park? Share your travel stories
Photos and Proofs from Pirin National Park View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Pirin National Park View all
Recommendations for Pirin National Park
Sorry, we do not have any traveller recommendations here yet.
Have you been to Pirin National Park? Share Recommendations
Trivia from Pirin National Park
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Pirin National Park?
Events at or near Pirin National Park
Know any events coming up at Pirin National Park?List an event