This area, which stretches along the north-east coast of Australia for some 450 km, is made up largely of tropical rainforests. This biotope offers a particularly extensive and varied array of plants, as well as marsupials and singing birds, along with other rare and endangered animals and plant species.
- Aboriginal occupation in this area probably dates back to the earliest human occupation of Australia, approximately 50,000 to 110,000 years ago.
- The Indigenous people in this area were known for their ability to treat poisonous plants to make them safe and edible.
- Significant meeting point of two World Heritage Areas where the Wet Tropics meets the Great Barrier Reef.
Year of Inscription: 1988
Add world heritage to your travel plans – plan to visit Wet Tropics of Queensland! Sign up on GoUNESCO to get travel advice, tips, partners and help with traveling to Wet Tropics of Queensland.https://www.gounesco.com/heritage/sites/wet-tropics-of-queensland/https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115340/4315969398_d2985a80c5_b-1024x768.jpghttps://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/gounesco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/27115340/4315969398_d2985a80c5_b-150x150.jpg
Travel Info for Wet Tropics of Queensland
- •New Year´s Day – 1 January •Epiphany Eve – 6th January •Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday – March/April •Walpurgus Night – April 30 •Labour Day – 1st May Swedish National Day – 6th June •Whit Monday, Midsummer´s Eve – June •All Saint’s Eve – October/November •Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - December 24 – 25 •New Year´s Eve – December 31
- Miss Havisham
- Rupert Campbell-Black
- Julien SorelWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam BrownWilliam Brown
- No holidays other then the winters when the sea cannot be traveled
- Nigel Molesworth
- Harriet M Welsch
- Oskar Schell
- Elinor Dashwood
Photos and Proofs from Wet Tropics of Queensland View all
Travelers Who Have Visited Wet Tropics of Queensland View all
Recommendations for Wet Tropics of Queensland
- Daintree - Ashlee Litfin
Trivia from Wet Tropics of Queensland
Sorry, we do not have any trivia for here yet.
Have you been to Wet Tropics of Queensland?
Events at or near Wet Tropics of Queensland
Know any events coming up at Wet Tropics of Queensland?List an event